Monday, October 28, 2013

Nautical Nursery; Alabama Newborn Photographer

Several people have asked to see Easton's nautical nursery and here it is! 
When we first found out we were expecting a baby I knew I wanted the nursery to be nautical 
no matter if it was a boy or a girl.  
The room already had a slight nautical feel to it and the blue color on the walls seemed perfect.
I just knew I had to have a chevron wall so I drew out the pattern on the wall 
and had my awesome sister-in-law paint it for me. 
Almost everything in the room is custom made just for him.
The paintings on the wall (again, my talented SIL!),
The still portraits are even from my photography collection.
After a trip to the fabric store with my mom and grandmother,
I designed a crib skirt, bed sheets, changing cover, and a cover for 
my grandmother's rocker (which I painted to match the dresser). 
My grandmother is wonderful at carrying out my wishes on the sewing machine!
She even made 3 different sheets, all of different fabric so when I get tired of one, 
I can go to a new style and color! 
Some items I had from my photography prop stash
like the wire basket that holds his stuffed animals on the wall
and the old crate I put in the corner to hold his books.
I found the dresser for a really good deal at Scottsboro Antiques 
and gave it a complete make over (ahem to the SIL!)
with CeCe Caldwell paint. 
Even the hooks over his changing pad are made from a piece of driftwood I found washed ashore
and boat cleats, along with a seahorse hook given as a gift. 
I even made his door hanger for the hospital out of 
an old life buoy that was given to me.
All it needed was a little white paint and some seashells, sea glass, and such from my beach combing! 
All in all, I'm pleased with his nursery and am happy to share it with you! 













His door decoration from the hospital made a great piece for over the bed! 




No comments:

Post a Comment